View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2020 at 04:50 AM

***UPDATE*** The appt went well. I am smack in the middle of perimenopause. I am happy about this because when i turned 40 and this all started happening my old gyn did blood work which was normal and a uterine biopsy which was horrible and as it turns out unnecessary.My whatever levels are at 56 which means my blood work validates my issues. The Doc was wonderful and a woman. She told me I do not need to suffer anymore. She put me on a low dose hormone that I take 28 days and 2 days off. She said I could have light bleeding but I dont care. She said to call if I bleed for two weeks or soak through pads and all that jazz. She also put me on a "topical yet internal" progestrine cream that goes you know where. I have to use that for a week and then maintainence is twice a week.She said its a balance with the hormone pill because the pill alone puts you at risk for uterine cancer. It was so frank and funny. She said about my Libido and sex life :
"Does it hurt when its all the way in or just going in at the beginning?"
I was like " UHHHH I guess going in at the beginning." So she said this cream will help. She said I should notice some improvement in two weeks and significant improvement in 6 weeks assuming it all works out. I am so glad its ridiculous. To be listened to and validated and not talked down to like the male doctor. Not being told "oh well just deal with it". The sweating, insomnia, etc I am really hoping for relief. I have to have a mammo though. Last one I had I was 40. I hate them, because I have what I like to call " Itty bitty titty's." So they have to smash them down vertically and horizontially to get the image.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous45016, Anonymous48672, Discombobulated, IrisBloom, Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Travelinglady