Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
Default Jan 29, 2020 at 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat620 View Post
Yes we have discussed this situation many times for many years. He's angry he's hurt but for some reason he's not ready to let go.
I don't know what it would take to get him to leave, because in my eyes she has shown him the worst of the worst and he still sticking around.
it's very disheartening and discouraging to me
I'm sorry you're so discouraged. Your feelings are perfectly understandable and justified.

Unfortunately, there's only so much you can say and do. If you've discussed it many times, yet he continues to hold on, it's his choice, and his life.

This is where a mother needs to learn to let go and allow their child to live their own mistakes.

It's MOST painful to watch and to experience, but it is his mistake to continue accepting this toxic behavior from her, and he will have to learn the lesson himself, until he's finally had enough.

Only by making mistakes ourselves -- and living with that mistake -- do we truly learn and grow.

If he were to want to marry her, then I'd say it's your place and your right to speak up again and to speak your mind again. Hopefully, that would never happen, but right now it's probably best to sit back and just accept it for what it is.

Hopefully one day he will see the light and will let go. That's all you can do at this point is hope.

Hugs to you.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote