View Single Post
kitkat620

Member Since May 2011
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
You asked about others here who have had similar experiences. I just had my son, who was an ideal kid, go estranged due to friction between me and my husband and him and his new wife. It wasn’t about drugs or cheating. It was about individuation ‘on steroids’. That’s the only sense I can make of it.

Since you love your son and grandchildren, my advice to you is to tread lightly and be careful. The most important thing is that you have influence on those kids by getting to spend time with them. Be there for support. I’m sure your son knows how you feel about his toxic relationship. I’m sure he feels the same. It’ll play out however it will.
first of all, i am sorry for what you are going through. as most parents know, when our child is in an unsavory relationship we can't help but try and make things better, no matter how unwanted that help may be. but, i thoroughly agree that stepping aside and letting things be is the answer in order to keep any kind of relationship with our children/grandchildren intact.

thank you.

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv