Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2020 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaViaHaldol View Post
I had a link to my site on my dj page on fb. On my website I talk about my illness in the front page and about section. I used to have intros talking about mental illness for my mixes and radio shows.

I am not afraid to let people know I have a mental illness. I think the more we talk about it and show that we are pretty much normal when receiving treatment it will reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. I also know there are people listening that have a mental illness and to let them know they are not alone is something as an artist reaching people I can possibly help them feel a bit better, even just for an hour or 2.

I have permanently deleted fb altogether and am not on any social media except for instagram for my art, but also link to my art site and talk about mental illness there for the same reasons as my dj site.
I think it is terrif that you are out there with your illness and for people who have insight, it will be instructive to them. Sadly, there are a lot of unsophisticated folks out there who will denigrate us and discriminate against us. That's the problem.