View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 31, 2020 at 09:51 AM

I'm getting more and more comfortable with it. This was my second booster, as maintenance treatments are called, and I'm happy to report that I came out of it feeling like a whole new person.

I was pretty anxious and depressed because of personal problems when I went in but I came out calm as a cucumber and very clearheaded. Again, it just makes you so [I]AWARE[I] of everything. It's like, your body and brain are so anesthetized that you can't help but let go and be at peace as you "fall" into the ketamine and just go where your mind takes you. It's quite the trip.

I suppose I should mention it causes severe nausea in some people although I haven't had that problem myself.

I should also mention the importance of a protein in your brain called BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor) and how to raise yours. There are many ways to do this. Intense exercise (I do), intermittent fasting or caloric restriction (I need to do better at this one), cut diwn on all refined sugar and saturated fat (I totally suck at this one), Vitamin D in the form if sunlight (I do), Curcumin - a supplement (nope), drink only green tea (I do), Omega 3 fatty acids ( I eat fish), Resveratrol, a supplement (nope), Lose any excess weight (uh-oh - I've gained 8 lbs since starting the infusiond), SSRI's (I take), and stay socially engaged - don't isolate yourself, it's very important to consistently raise your BDNF levels using as many of these suggestions as possible to improve your results.

Also, I was given magnesium supplements at the clinic. I only take the ones they give me instead of buying the drug store stuff - better quality at the clinic. I started taking 1 100mg caplet a day. Now they want me to start taking two a day at bedtime. The magnesium is vital to the success of the treatment, btw.

I'm sure there's more to tell, and as I learn new things I will post here.

Thanks to everyone who reads this thread. If it helps even just one person, my work here is done.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote