Poohbah

Member Since May 2016
1,121 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker33 View Post
Has anyone got an idea how do you see food as food, and not numbers? I can't even enjoy my food or eat normally without only seeing the numbers in front of my eyes. Not only calories, bur also macros. It's causing me anxiety and I can't "unsee" the numbers. It's not abour restriction, but more about orthorexia type of thinking. My goal is to get a perfect balance of macros. That means getting plenty of protein and fat and some carbs (all are defined by exact numbers) AND getting the perfect number of calories. I am now very anxious because I ate too many carbs for dinner (it was whole grain, but I keep thinking that carbs are evil, even whole grains if there's more than 50g per meal). And I don't think there was enough protein. Now it makes me feel like I've failed although my calories are fine.

How do I manage my anxiety?
I know what you mean; counting calories and carbs can get you obsessed and perfectionist over the numbers. To keep from doing this, I try not to aim for a specific number of calories; I aim for a ballpark figure so I don't get perfectionist about it. Plus, certain foods are "free" like low carb vegetables and low sugar fruits. I also don't weigh myself and measure my weight loss success by how my clothes feel so I don't get obsessive about the numbers on the scale.

in event of success.

-Ernest Shackleton
Ceara1010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seeker33

Thanks for this!
seeker33