View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 01, 2020 at 07:42 PM

Thanks so much for posting your concern here on PC. I'm an old man now. But many years ago, when I was in high school, I was tortured for 4 years by a gang of older boys. Everybody knew what was going on including my parents. But nobody cared. At one point one of the boys beat me up breaking my nose. I got blamed for it. At one point, out of desperation, I went to the school principle. He told me I should take a look at myself. It may be too strong a statement to say what I experienced ruined my life. But it sure didn't help.

There are studies that have been done showing that the effects of bullying continue on well into adulthood. Victims have higher rates of mental illness as well as diminished success in employment. I obviously don't know what conditions are like where you live. But, from my perspective, I believe it's really important you do whatever you can to resolve what is being done to you. Talk to your parents or a school counselor if there is one, or someone else... whatever you can do. You wrote that things have been a bit better recently. And, hopefully, that will continue to be the case. However, especially if things worsen again, my belief is it's going to be important for you to do whatever you can to stop the bullying.

There's a wonderful video of a talk on the subject of bullying that was given several years ago by former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education Kevin Jennings. Here's a link to the video of it on YouTube. Perhaps it might be something you could share with your parents:

YouTube

I hope that, in some way, you will be able to find the support you need.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ARaven0137, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear, KD1980, Lurker1234, mote.of.soul, winter4me, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
ARaven0137, Lurker1234, winter4me, WovenGalaxy