View Single Post
crisscross712

Member Since Sep 2017
Default Feb 02, 2020 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsA View Post
I know what you mean. Interesting how you still think he's a good guy. I get really annoyed at bossy people. One guy I barely knew seemed to think no one else ever looked stuff up online or knew the things he knew. He tried to micromanage my life and I had to freeze him out eventually.

After such encounters I get mad at the condescension and wish I had thought to stick up for myself when it happened. Maybe your co-worker just needs to be told how his behavior affects you. Not saying anything lets the resentment build up and you spend your life feeling like a doormat. If he isn't the defensive narcissistic type, you might find a way to give some feedback to your co-worker. Maybe ask him to have a drink or coffee together so it feels like a friendly encounter? In such cases, it's usually best to do it 1 on 1 casually so he doesn't feel like your are ganging up on him or talking behind his back.

I can tell that he's just stressed because of the pressure from management and is neccessarily dealing with it in the best way which is something I'm also sometimes guilty of. I've been working to make my feelings more out there while also struggling to not make myself come of as bratty or grumpy.
crisscross712 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MrsA