View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2020 at 12:17 AM

Husband and I have both resisted, to varying degrees, the siren's call of becoming 'completely up-to-date gadget/ tech nerds'. The reason is, we will always prefer face-to-face conversations to virtual ones.

Sometimes, it is just too overwhelming, and unusable. The phone I was urged to take as part of an upgrade is just too much phone for me---I'll never use 3/4 of what one can do with it. I rarely text.

We see so many people on their phones in cars or walking, looking down and either talking or texting---NOT paying attention to what could be right in front of them. The worst is when people are doing it in parking lots AND driving too fast.

Tonight people were spotted in the SuperBowl audience, staring at their phones. $3,500 for a seat, and you're looking at your phone?!

I don't share people's affection for these toys, most of them. Having the computer has greatly assisted me with my depression, multiple health concerns, and helped me make friends---but then I'd much rather take things then to another level, which is to, '...in real life'. Friendships, especially.

At home, TV is off when no one's watching it. We drop everything we're doing when a visitor comes by, whether task is electronic or otherwise. People come first!

I hope society can handle alla this, as we continue to be bombarded with it.

His new funny mantra is, "PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE!". It works for so many situations.

Last edited by MuseumGhost; Feb 03, 2020 at 12:30 AM..
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist