View Single Post
questionable1987

Member Since Feb 2020
Default Feb 03, 2020 at 02:48 AM

I have gotten Myself in a very odd situation.
I'm 32, divorced with two kids.
I had been in a relationship with this man for almost the past 2 years. I love this man. We have been through a lot together. We lived together, had a life together. He is now 50. Yes I know there is a 17 year age gap. But I left Him 8-10 months ago. He broke my heart over now something that was stupid at the time. But never the less, it has hurt me and broke me. Let's call Him Mr. X
Well I started seeing another man (let's call Him Mr. Perfect) when I broke up with my last boyfriend, Mr. X. He is closer to my age, He's 38 almost 39 and I wanted to see what else was out there. He is a really good man, honestly I feel like too good of a man for me. We've been seeing each other for the past 4 months.

My problem- I don't know what to do! I am not "with" either man. But I see them both and feel as if I need to choose 1 and leave the other 1 alone. I do have commitment issues. I use to not want to get married again. BUT I have decided that which ever 1 I pick if they require to get married, I could warm up to the idea. Later on in life.
Well I broke up Mr.X but I still love Him, not like I did, but there is still love there. I still see Him, We talk or text daily. I see Him a few times a week. We still hug, We are still friends. He knows He hurt me and it has messed up my mind. He wants to fix things and us get back together and continue our lives together. He wants to get married and live happily ever after. He does NOT know about Mr. Perfect. I don't see the point in telling Him and hurting Him if I do decide to pick Him.
I don't want to hurt either 1. But 1 is going to be hurt. I know!

Well Mr. Perfect knows about Mr.X. I have not lied about My past to Him. He knows that I see him, text him and that we talk. In case it did work out I didn't want to lie. He is jealous of Mr. X. He know's He's an ex and He knows I still care about Him. I guess it's a man thing to be territorial.
I haven't told Mr. X about Mr. Perfect because I wanted to see what else was out there. Just to satisfy my curiosity so if We did fix things and get back together I wouldn't wonder. I figured I would find another guy to go out with and He would be a waste of the hour or two of my time and I'd satisfy my curiosity and that would be the end of that. Well it has turned out that I have found another decent guy out there but I don't know which one I should pick!!!

They both are great guys and I like different things about each one.
Pro's and Con's of each one was difficult to do. But I've done it. It didn't really help me. I've talked to my oldest child about it because my smallest is to little to understand. My oldest picks Mr. Perfect. My parents have met them both and don't like Mr. X because of our age difference. So they are all about me giving Mr Perfect a shot. My best friend says I should give Mr. X another shot because of how good we were together in the past. My Mom tells me to follow My heart. Which I can't honestly do, because I don't "love" Mr. Perfect, because My guard is up and I don't see the point in getting that close to Him if it's not going to last.
I don't know which one I should choose. I've talked to a therapist and that was a waste of time and money. So I got to googling and came across this forum and thought I'd post my problem and see if I could get some help from real people that maybe have been in this same situation.
Thanks for reading and any positive advice would be appreciated.
questionable1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Skeezyks