Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2020 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
With substitute teaching, substitutes are considered disposable. You're there to fill-in for the day for their teacher. There are many reasons why substitute teachers are excluded from schools -- poor classroom management is the #1 reason why a school would ban a substitute teacher. The #2 reason is that the substitute behaved inappropriately with a student or class of students.

Employers usually tell an employee why they are being terminated. That's par for the course.

Since you said it was your favorite school, I can understand why it would bother you 4 years later why they suddenly excluded you from subbing for them. Maybe you said something to a student and that student reported you.

Or, maybe the principal thought you didn't have good classroom management skills. It's really hard to say. You'd have to contact the school to find out. If doing that will ease your mind, then just send the principal an email.
Yeah I can see that. Yep, as a substitute, you are definitely disposable. I was not and still am not a teacher, I’m just a paraprofessional which helps with special needs kids so for the paras, we don’t have as much control over classroom management since it’s not our room. But yeah, still, yeah it can be anything. I don’t talk to students beyond school work related topics, I am not there to be friends with them. That’s inappropriate and unprofessional.

I’m just there to help. But yeah, anything can happen when you’re just a sub, even at other jobs where you’re just filling in for someone else. I’ve heard similar things happening to those who are just fill ins for employees at restaurants as well. So yeah, it can happen to anyone. And I don’t obsess over it, I’m just more cautious now. Yeah most likely it was something very small and insignificant but still just wanted to get rid of me.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672