Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2020 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
IMHO, there is usually the "real" reason and then there is the politically correct reason and most companies will give you the politically correct version every time. I've seen people get let go due to them having an illness, and they just say stuff like "your position has been eliminated" because they can't legally get rid of someone for their illness and since they did indeed get rid of the position (by renaming it and giving the spot to someone else) there's not much you can do. Same thing with references. I've always only been able to give dates of employment and salary if the employee/former employee agreed to the salary part. I've had people try to get more information from me but I tell them my job is on the line if I tell any more than that. I don't think most companies will give you the real reason but maybe I am jaded.
Yeah exactly. From what I’ve read, the ending of an employment is similar to the ending of a relationship or friendship. In both cases, it involves pointing fingers and not giving a real reason as to why things need to end if it is not on good terms.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist