View Single Post
TeaVicar?

Member Since Apr 2015
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 04, 2020 at 06:13 AM

I would tread carefully with this person and tune into your instincts. Some of the language he has used is a little worrying. It might be nothing and if he's helping you that's great, just be aware of the language he uses and his behaviour. Generally speaking, a therapist shouldn't make it known that they are giving you 'special' treatment or doing you a favour (that they're not doing for or giving to their other clients). 'Special' treatment is a no no. Also the language he used to tell you that he finds you attractive is problematic. He could have easily said "you are an attractive woman", which is fine but instead he said:
"I probably shouldn't say this..." - admitting impropriety and testing your reaction.
"...I find you attractive" - making it about his feelings, rather than yours.
I think a good therapist might have explored why you feel that why about yourself first, before acknowledging your attractiveness. I might be being pedantic about the words he used and all therapists say the wrong things from time to time, just be careful with this guy.

Also, you don't have to go back to CBT. There are a few low cost options for therapy in UK, especially if you live in a city.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, thesnowqueen