Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2020 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
If I was fired/let go and didn't know the reason, that would likely make me feel very uncomfortable. I have been let go from some of my past jobs, but I was either told a reason that I could understand, or I just knew. I have quit more jobs than I was fired from. As for the ones I was terminated from, some of the reasons were absence (a lot), behavior, supervisor conflicts, no more work to be done, and in one case the owner was clearly mentally unwell and accused me of ruining all of the computer systems (which was totally ridiculous). In the last case, I was just a temp between college years. The temp agency told me that the owner was irrational and that her husband said I did nothing wrong.

If you have been told some reason you don't believe, I'm not quite sure that anyone would tell you the real reason, unless a former work colleague knows and is willing to tell you.
Oh wow, I’m sorry that happened. For the last case, it was probably for the best that you no longer worked for someone who was mentally unstable. Honestly, I would have quit if I was in that position if I found a new job quick enough. I would have feared for my reputation. And I agree, they will not always tell you.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341