View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2020 at 03:17 PM

Hi everyone. I got hospitalized for SH on the 25th. I was in the ER for two days awaiting transfer and then I got transferred to the psych hospital on the 27th and got out on the 30th. I had gone to the ER to get some SH stitched. I wasn't suicidal. But the ER doctor apparently didn't believe me. I had two psych evaluations. I passed the first one. I failed the second one. I kept saying I wasn't suicidal. But I got 5150-ed anyway. It pretty much sucked. I guess being in the hospital did have some advantages (I can say that now that I am out). I did learn some coping skills and stuff. And I had a break from the outside world. But mostly it was a negative experience.

When I was being discharged my paperwork said that I had suicidal thoughts and that I
Possible trigger:
which neither one was true. The ER doctor was horrible. He was rude and mean and pretty much was kind of yelling at me. He didn't want to stitch my SH wounds. He finally did, but like 12 hours after I had gotten there. And only after another doctor said if he didn't she would. He didn't use enough lidocane so I could feel it. He said there wasn't anything he could do about it so I would just have to deal. He abruptly pulled up my shirt sleeve in front of the nurses and the ambulance drivers. He was behind me and I didn't know it and he yanked up my sleeve and showed them the wounds which are on my upper arm. And he ordered some cream to be put on it, but that was like 12 hours after it had gotten stitched. What a jerk. I might make a complaint about him.

The staff at the hospital was nice. Pretty nice. Most were cool. Some of the patients were cool, some were really unstable.

So, yeah, I went to the ER for SH and ended up in the psych ward. Anyone else have this happen to them? HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
Anonymous43918, Bill3, Fuzzybear, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
childofchaos831