Member Since Apr 2015
400 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 05, 2020 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Hey

I dumped lithium cold turkey years ago , oh hell I was sick sick sick for a couple weeks, felt like the flu on rocket fuel. It honestly took my brain almost 3 months to get back to working sans meds. I will never take it again.

Eventually I needed back on meds.

I now have been Med free since March off Latuda , Lamictal , Tenex and Doxipen.

There’s been some ups and downs.. some just straight Bipolar shyt and some situational.

Now that said... it took me weeks to decide to quit them, my husband and I talked a lot about it.. we came to an agreement.. if I started to really slip up or down or had trouble with irritation and anger I would go back on them even if I didn’t “see it. “

I know I’ll wind back up on meds at some point but I truly felt my body needed a break from taking such a huge chemical slushy daily.

Do you have a plan in case quitting isn’t going to work for you or anyone around you ?
No plan, just taking it day to day. Doing well since the post, feeling a bit sharper but still need to remain vigilant. Sleeping like a log, I might add, and functioning well during the day in spite of my aggravating profession (teaching).
Row Jimmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rick7892