Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Feb 05, 2020 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker1234 View Post
For some time my schoolmates have been insulting me and even spitting on me. When I complained to my teachers they said that it is all in my head and that without any evidence they can't do anything. Anyway the situation has got a little bit better but they still make rude comments. I know I should probably let it go but all my life I've been a doormat and I really don't want to allow them to get away with this. What should I do?
First of all, I'm sorry for your situation. I've been there and I just want to say that it will get better, even if it might seem otherwise.

The first step would be to muster up courage and talk to your parents. Then your parent would contact your Student Support Officer at your school who will take action on your behalf. You will need courage to tell your parents, but they will be glad you told them because parents love their children and would always want to help. I'm a parent myself and feel the same for my daughter.

Another thing you can do is tell a teacher, sports coach, or any other adult you trust. Explain to them what's going on, and they will do their best to deal with it. I know it can be embarrassing to tell an adult, since you might be called a 'snitch'. It's completely up to you, don't be afraid to tell them. If you talk to them about keeping your conversation private, they won't tell anyone that you were the one that told them, and you won't be bothered about it.

You are not alone, and with a parent to help you, in the meantime do not make yourself fall into situation where you will feel inferior, because it is a downhill from there on.

Try not to look weak. Stand your ground to the point of totally ignoring them. Do not show the other person that they can dominate you. You see, usually, bullies are looking for a reaction from you. One of the things you can try is not reacting. Laugh it off, roll your eyes, or just completely ignore them. You might see that after a couple of days, they don’t bother you anymore.

This is what I did when at my school prior to being taken away for schooling at home, still I came up against bullies in my village. My father sorted them out and I am sure your parents will stand by you, too.

Do let us know how you get on. We'll be here for you.

Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Lurker1234

Thanks for this!
Lurker1234