View Single Post
d1dg

Member Since Feb 2020
Attention Feb 06, 2020 at 12:14 AM

I need to give a bit of a background here.
I am a mentally gifted (supposedly) student, to the point I even skipped an year in school, so my parents have high expectations for me.

I was never a kid that liked to study, it seemed to require an enormous ammount of effort to do so.

The thing is, I enrolled in university and have been there for 7 years doing almost nothing. Just being at home alone at the computer wasting my time.

But I've been lying to my parents about the course I'm taking, and supposedly I'm almost finished, but I'm not and have almost nothing done.

My idea would be to stop studying and start working to eventually give some back to my parents or brother (he has been studying on scholarship on his own merits), but I'm afraid of having to tell the whole truth and everything exploding. To be honest, not because of myself, since if just for me, I'd have told everything a year or 2 ago, but I'll risk breaking the whole family with it.

I'm not mainly looking for sympathy since I know the part I have and continue to play. Just some direction to avoid, if possible, total disaster.
d1dg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist