View Single Post
EmeraldMonster

Member Since Feb 2020
32 hugs
given
Exclamation Feb 06, 2020 at 03:12 PM

Childhood neglect was just one of the traumas I endured at the hands of my father, and indeed my mother infact. It does so much devastation and damage - when you are trying to grow from an adolescent into an adult - within the 'big scary world'. This is how I see the world a lot of the time! I find I can't cope with my emotions (BPD) along with a host of other mental disorders, shall I say.

I also struggle remembering places I've been and can't go somewhere alone, as I get lost easily and therefore panic and feel scared. I still get lost working out which way to get out of the therapy room block - it's like my brain cannot process fairly simple tasks. It can't remember directions and it's frustrating for me to say the least, let alone others around me. I have been tested for Dementia BTW. I am Dyspraxic, I am awaiting Neuropsychology though, to investigate further.

Yeah...that's what emotional neglect alone, did for me as a child (and adult). Thanks a bunch to my ex-parents, both of whom should NEVER, EVER, have had kids.

I also lead a very sheltered life from being very young to my adolescent/adult years. I wasn't allowed out hardly ever on my own, and I despise my ex-parents for not allowing me to safely experience life sooner.

I feel old from the stress of living with my mental health and am generally in a low mood.

Thanks for listening. x

'Imagine all the people, Living life in peace' - John Lennon
EmeraldMonster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
kindachaotic, Serpentine Leaf