View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2020 at 04:40 PM

I am not sure about brain spotting. Yet, the therapy that I have done is called Accelerated Resolution Therapy. It is based on using eye movement and revisiting traumatic events. This is supposed to HELP a person better process a trauma. We do not forget events, however, our brain is set up where when it processes it does that during our sleep while our eyes move back and forth. What that eye movement does is it connects events to other areas of the brain that contains ways of sorting out these events.

Trauma is stored in the back of the brain, that is actually the area that lights up when a person is experiencing flashbacks or trauma symptoms. The frontal part of the brain actually has little to no activity. When a person does the eye movement therapy and recalls an event that reduces the impact trauma has in the back of the brain where that trauma is stored and it reduces the impact a person experiences when they are triggered.

So, while I know you don't feel comfortable with the therapy suggested to you, it may actually reduce how you get triggered. We never forget events, but, we can reduce the amount of impact they have on us.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MtnTime2896