View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2020 at 09:52 PM

(((((Lolanne))))) I am so sorry that happened to you. Yes, ofcourse you need to talk about it and it was a good idea that you came here to PC and did that.

I have had people cut me off as well, today driving means always being on the defensive unfortunately. Actually, the personality of anyone who drives the way you described already means they blame YOU/anyone for being in THEIR way and that's why he drove off after hitting you AND he treated you like you were in the wrong too. Also, you did not have to give him anything, all information is really up to the police to gather once they get to the scene of any accident.

While that was something you never expected to experience and it was scary you did stand up for yourself, so you ARE a fighter. However, the police officer was correct in that this individual could have been armed and even dangerous. No car is worth your getting injured. Yes, do call your insurance company and report it. The insurance company can call the police and insurance companies will take over in discerning who is at fault and who pays for what. A lot depends on the cost of the damage to your vehicle or you or if this guy tries to claim injury etc. That's their problem though, not yours and it's what you pay them for.

Are you ok? Is your neck sore or anything? Even a small hit like that can actually cause a neck injury.

May be good to take something just incase that's anti inflamatory like aspirin or ibuprofin.

You survived hun, you are here and ok and it's up to the insurance company to handle the rest once you call them.

(((Hugs)))
OE
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Lolanne