View Single Post
feb2020user
Account Suspended

Member Since Feb 2020
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2020 at 06:23 AM

Sorry for the excess information, but it provides some context.

I've been receiving treatment for Antisocial Personality Disorder with Psychopathic Features and Callous-Unemotional traits for a few years now. I was actually diagnosed with "Conduct Disorder with Psychopathic Tendencies" as a kid, and from what I can tell they meant Callous-Unemotional traits when they said "Psychopathic Tendencies."

I bring this up because apparently the boredom, emptiness, and detachment that I'm struggling with right now are different or worse with Callous-Unemotional traits. I've made a lot of progress with self-discipline in therapy, but recently I've found myself with too much time on my hands and it's really hard for me to not go out and get myself into trouble. Are there any inexpensive distractions I could pick up that are engaging enough that I can do at home?

I've tried to get into some of the free video games out there to just take my mind off of everything, but a lot of them tend to feel repetitive after awhile. I need something that's more stimulating. Preferably not drugs, alcohol, or adult company because I've seen how badly that road ends for me.

I know that posting on these sorts of forums is discouraged by my clinicians, because with disorders like AsPD there's a lot of people who don't understand it giving bad advice online, but I need something before my next appointment so I figured this was worth a shot.
feb2020user is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote