View Single Post
feb2020user
Account Suspended

Member Since Feb 2020
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2020 at 06:36 AM

I've felt similarly before. I've also noticed that empathy is never fully gone. It can be nearly impossible to access, but it's still there. I've heard mixed results with lithium, MDMA, and psychedelics causing "empathy breakthroughs" in people that are rather low on the empathy spectrum.

It's also worth noting that malignant narcissists (depending on how the term is used) can form genuine bonds with each other, despite being incapable or nearly incapable of that level of sentiment with other people. In their case, it seems to be more ego-driven.

I'm not totally immune to affective empathy, I don't know about you. The few times that I've felt it, or at least felt it intensely enough to be conscious of it, have been in situations that mirrored mine almost identically. Not just others with AsPD or Callous-Unemotional traits, either.

I really do think one of the hardest parts of relating to other people is that they're so over-emotional. I have a hard enough time understanding my own stunted emotions. I agree that it's a lot easier to understand patterns in behavior or whatever actions are associated with whatever body language and tone than it is to really grasp and feel what they're feeling when I don't really have a good point of reference.
feb2020user is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster