Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Feb 08, 2020 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddykitty View Post
This is a good explanation. I think I mostly suffer from this atypical, but I've experienced melancholic and I think the anxious one (Anxiety following depression. I think)

This is confusing! I tested for bpd (or I was supposed to have) but did not get diagnosed. And as stated above, my depression appears atypical so therfore i have bipolar? I mean, maybe i do (unspecified was my dx). I feel like i have experienced mixed states, but I thi k that was when I was experimenti g with meds as it seems to have gone ( I thi k??)
I agree. It's very confusing!

I was trying to support the reality that this particular diagnosis is very confusing.

"I believe it is a term that has become over-used and no longer indicates any specific condition, but many different conditions."

"So many different sources have different ideas/info in this topic. "

It may help to remember that many cases do not fit any diagnosis, specifically. Many are determined by the closest approximation of a diagnosis. It's most important to obtain diagnostic info from your health care professional.

Additionally, some of us here have been consumers of mental health services for 20-30 years. In some cases, we have watched various diagnoses "morph" over the years.

I hope you find the diagnosis which most accurately describes your experience, if doing so feels helpful to you!

Hugs from:
giddykitty, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
giddykitty, ~Christina