~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2020 at 01:40 AM

Having a set bed time actually causes me anxiety. As a child about age 6 I learned to fake sleep. My mom would catch me awake and I’d be yelled at and get a whipping.

I have a pretty complex bedtime routine brush floss and skin care..I shower every night. Take a Xanax and melatonin .. Then I read for a while , I often lose track of time when I fall into a book. Then I will either sleep or not. Lately I’m sleeping well it won’t last but I’m going to enjoy the hell out of it haha

My husband is pretty good routine bed 8-10Pm and up 5-7am, he takes trazadone and it knocks him out and has for years, I call him light weight. Last night his neuropathy pain was terrible and he didn’t fall asleep until close to 5am.. I finally fell asleep about 630 and got up close to noon.

He uses oxygen at night and I thought it was going to drive me nuts but it’s got this kind of beat as it concentrates the oxygen, it’s soothing

Unfortunately since neither of us can work it really doesn’t much matter when we sleep.

I sleep better the less amount of time I think about it , if that makes sense lol even my T and Pdoc feel specific bed times just won’t work.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi, bpcyclist, Innerzone, Nammu, Rick7892, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
bizi, Wild Coyote