View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 09, 2020 at 08:04 AM

I had one T give me a stuffed Wolf. The experience with her was horrible and very damaging and she used the wolf as part of that.
Current T has not offered a transitional object but I kinda beat him to it. We were talking about things that would help me feel safe and stay grounded in session so I made a weighted lap pad to try. My intention was to leave it at his office so I made it to match his office. I never left it. But then H became jealous so I have to be careful if I bring it back out. I do use his web page a lot and another picture of him that is much more current. T has a stuffed elephant in his office that he used one session with me (and scared the daylights out of me) so when H got jealous of the weighted blanket I got a similar stuffed elephant. T gave out little cards (inspirational message but not signed or anything) at the holidays and I keep that in my purse along with his business card. I never look at those though. So, with current T I have them and use them often but I have made them he has never given me one or offered me one.
As hard a time as “younger” me is having right now with what we are processing if I weren’t married I would make something more for that inner child. She is feeling SO unsafe and a better transitional object of T would help her a lot.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Lrad123, SlumberKitty