Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Feb 09, 2020 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Well, got about 8 hours of sleep last night--continuous sleep. Just weird. Never would have thought I was capable of that. Maybe it is just a pleasant blip. Whatever, I'll take it.

I do think the Depakote has been really key, as I reflect on all this. But it makes me wonder, this recent 3ish month recurrence was mostly mania with a ton of psychosis. Thorazine did not do squat. Abilify at 25 did not prevent it. Does this Depakote benefit mean my mania caused my psychosis, and when the mania got better, so did the psychosis? What is the relationship between mania and psychosis exactly?

Anyhow, just sort of trying to understand what happened to me. But it doesn't really matter, I guess. Drive myself nuts trying to figure this all out. I am better and that is what matters.

Sending everyone love and hugs!!
It must feel great to be getting some sleep!
I had my first night of sleep in a very long time, just two nights ago. It meant I'd have to increase the Seroquel dose, which I am not too happy about. I have gained weight on it. Uggh! I am grateful for sleep now.

I find your question re: the relationship between psychosis and mania quite interesting. I have never thought of it in this way, yet it makes sense.

Depakote! I have a love-hate relationship with it! Sometimes, I have really needed it. Other times, it wipes me out.

I appreciate your presence here. You offer a great deal of support to all of us!

Much Love

Hugs from:
Anonymous45023, Anonymous46341, bizi, bpcyclist, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
bizi, bpcyclist