View Single Post
partyofone

Member Since Aug 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2020 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I was watching an epsiode of Rupaul’s Drag Race, and he told one of the contestants that the contestant is addicted to his anxiety. I’ve never thought about it that way and my mind has been slightly blown ever since. Anyways I’ve been eating healthy all day and my anxiety is still ****. So if I can fit half a Digiorno's pizza into my 1200 calories then I’m going to do that instead of eating 1200 calories of rabbit food. Food doesn’t affect my mental health one way or the other. I don’t have issues with food or use it to cope and am not a stress eater. What I feel has nothing to do with food. But pizza sure tastes better then salad and apples.
Thanks, Mountaindewed--I knew there was a (yet another) reason I liked RuPaul. 'Addiction to anxiety' sure makes sense. I never made sense of it this way either, but there must be some sort of payoff, if only familiarity, right? . . . I think your point about food also makes sense. Sometimes when we feel we have to eat 'healthy,' it takes so much effort that it too could add to our anxiety.
Have a low-anxiety day (and I'll try to do the same)!