View Single Post
Taylor27
healing from trauma

Member Since Dec 2017
24.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM

I have been in therapy for 18 years. I first went to a pastor who was trained in psychology had a masters. At first i thought i was there to deal with anxiety, and test anxiety in high school. I worked with him for a good 2 years until he told me i was to dependent on him and therapy. I then started to have extreme depression and worked with a lady in the church for 7 years not relizing i should of gone to a psychologist. With her i developed a very unhealthy attachment to her and made no progress. She terminated me adruptly. I took a two year break, i was just seeing a psychiatrist for a eating problem that too got too complicated she took sides. I finally on my own went to the mental health clinic. First one was with a wacky social worker who did not help, then for 6 years i was with a male psychologist who just barley touched the surface and really was AA focused way too much, all that time i had a very mean addiction counsellor til she fired me six months after my husband had a stroke. Last May i finally got a social worker who is helping me go deeper then i have ever into my past and i think i will be in therapy for a long time. I think there is no time limit on therapy. I have had a very traumatic past and it's going to take time to sort through it. I just wish i did not waste so many years with therapists that did not help me. I learned allot though to know whats helpful and not so helpful
Taylor27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, Merope