View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Feb 11, 2020 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
Emily, it is possible to get compounded vet meds in liquid form. They can be flavored too. I've used chicken flavored with success with cats.
My cat really went backwards today. He pooped pretty much all day long runny. The good news is that it was in his box. He is still eating and he drank today on his own. I doubled his probiotic dose and I am giving him hard food mostly. I am determined to see some progress this week.

He did seem to puke a bit I came home to a spot on the rug. But someone told me that when cats strain they sometimes puke.

I happen to be in an area without good cat certified vets. Most are 20 miles + away and when you go to yelp you find negative reviews. Also I feel like I am done with them. They will never talk with you without you bringing in the cat so it is insanely hard to change vets when you have a cat adverse to the vet.

I know it is possible to get flavored cat pills the problem, the ER that saw him either won't or can't do it. They are just so ridiculous abut it. They keep offering me things other than what I know will work and I have to pay for them.

I am not too sure about giving him the antibiotic anyway. Last time he had an issue with his stomach (that went on for months btw) we gave him the anti biotic but if anything it made things worse. They only thing that worked was the probiotic..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter