Nix
Grand Member

Member Since May 2015
37 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2020 at 10:59 PM

Hello all,

I haven't posted here in a long time, and I'm not even sure who frequents this forum as of late. But something happened tonight that made me want to share it with others.

I remembered that about 2 years ago I had made a video with each of my children. At the time I was very seriously suicidal--probably the worst I had been ever. I wanted to make a video with each kid so they would have something to remember me by and know that their mom did love and care about them. Looking back on the old videos, I can remember what I felt like at that time, and it was strange to see even from my facial expressions and physical appearance how ill I was.

My kids and I thought it would be fun to make another video with each of them, so we did that tonight. It was really cool tonight to have some time making videos with my kids where we laughed and shared new memories and moments together. I have been depressed and struggling at times lately, but I feel so grateful that I managed to make it through two years, and that my kids are generally OK and I'm still here to see them growing up.

I just wanted to share that in case anybody here is struggling right now. Sometimes it's worth it to hang on even though you feel like you barely can.

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, ShaneG, SlumberKitty, WastingAsparagus

Thanks for this!
ShaneG, Sometimes psychotic, zapatoes