View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2020 at 03:16 AM

Hey @kitkat620 I do not think you are selfish at all, I think you need to find out what your sons' expectations are of you and set some boundaries. If he expects you to give advice then you may need to clarify that the advice you give will only be a few times and then after that you dont want to talk about her again. You may want to tell him that you feel awkward and that you dont know what you should say to him when he comes running to you. You may need to tell him that you do not want to discuss it anymore and tell him what the consequences will be if he does. By consequences I mean what will happen if he violates those boundaries? (Like you may have to disengage the conversation until he stops involving you) or tell him that you will talk to him another time. Find out what his motivations are for telling you about her. Does he want you to tell him what to do? Like her? Intervene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat620 View Post
the majority of the times, yes. and as selfish as this may sound, at times i wish he wouldn't. but i will always continue to be there for him to listen and help as best i can.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
kitkat620