View Single Post
EmeraldMonster

Member Since Feb 2020
32 hugs
given
Heart Feb 13, 2020 at 04:37 AM

Thanks so much for your views on this thread trygal1130. It really helps to hear from another's perspective on DBT.

I find it really interesting and important, yet also admirable that you have the knowledge to realise you are not well enough to be with someone yet, romantically.

I am so glad that you wait till 'you're' ready to be in a relationship. Don't get me wrong, marrying my husband was the very best thing that has happened in my life. Years ago though, when I was single, I was quite promiscuous and did things and got into some sorts of 'situations' (shall we say) that I did not feel comfortable doing, but did so to try to make myself feel normal and fit in with others. It was what all other teenagers were doing anyway. I realise now, I should've kept waiting until 'I' was comfortable to do relationship or sex stuff with others my age.
That is why I respect your choice so much and the fact that you are an obviously intelligent person to be able to do the 'wise' thing for yourself at present.

Thanks for inspiring me today!

I thank my lucky stars for my husband, especially as he struggles with mental health too. He is not Borderline, but supports me 100% through mine. He is a rather amazing man, quite frankly. I hate the way I have emotional outbursts and take them out on him. I don't apologise until after my unacceptable outbursts of rage and mania. I feel guilty for being cruel to him in my outbursts.

I've always felt there was something wrong with my brain function/behaviour. It's been a long road searching for answers. However, I guess every small step is that little bit closer to dealing with and conquering my emotional instability - at least regulate it, anyway.

trygal1130, do you think you will be with someone ever, or do you think you will be happy even if you stayed on your own?

If I ever had to, I'd like to think I'd be able to cope alone. I've done it before, badly and survived.

I'd be devastated if I lost my husband due to me not being successful in re-wiring my brain.

It was an amazing thing earlier. I fell out with my husband because I got offended by a little bit of sarcasm on his part. I flipped out. I got an email notification of the new post on this thread by yourself. I read it straight away, was captured by your 'wise mind' advice and decided 'the wise thing I could do in my situation', was to say 'sorry' to my husband. Isn't it amazing, yourself a new member, motivated me to do that?!

Thank you.

My husband and I both agreed that it must have been a good omen and was a wonderfully bizarre moment for us both. x

'Imagine all the people, Living life in peace' - John Lennon

Last edited by EmeraldMonster; Feb 13, 2020 at 05:15 AM..
EmeraldMonster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote