View Single Post
justagirl2019

Member Since Nov 2019
8 hugs
given
Default Feb 13, 2020 at 02:36 PM

Hi all, you might remember me - I popped up a few months ago and started a thread about how I found out my therapist and her wife were having a baby... and the chaos that ensued after that (discussions about boundaries, emotional attachment, therapy relationships, my strong emotions, etc.)

Anyways, the baby arrived last week and my therapist is on break We spent two months preparing for her leave, but it didn't make it any easier. She told me she would let me know when the baby was born (she took off a week prior in preparation) so I would know everything went well. It was a girl... which stupidly hurt me even worse

During the sessions leading up to her break, she asked me what I would "need" from her during our time apart. I said I didn't know. She said she had some ideas. She then said she would reach out to me once a week (she is on a 3-week leave) just to check in to let me know she was "still there." She asked if I preferred a phone call or text - I said text (I hate talking on the phone).

Today marks the end of the first week without her and she hasn't reached out. I feel broken. I know life is crazy with a newborn, but she told me she would be in touch. What if she doesn't reach out at all? Even when she reached out to let me know the baby was born, it was two days after the birth. I was so angry. I know how selfish that sounds... I KNOW I'm not on her short list of people in her life to notify. But still it hurt. And I don't know how to get rid of this sadness. It's pretty deep

I just wanted to feel some connection with this group... thanks for listening xoxo
justagirl2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
chihirochild, Fuzzybear, LonesomeTonight, Omers, Out There, Purple,Violet,Blue, SlumberKitty, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2