View Single Post
Micas
Newly Joined

Member Since Feb 2020
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 09:54 AM

Hello!

I am new at this, but I would just like to share some of my sleeping problems in the hope that some of you that may have been in similar situations can advise me somehow.

I have always suffered from anxiety issues my whole life, even as a kid I experienced some anxious situations that got intense in my teens. I had panic attacks to a severe extent but they got under control, after I've done psychotherapy when I was a teenager.

Lately my anxiety has messed up my sleep to a great extent. I used to have occasional bad nights but they were not a big deal. Since I started to sleep with my partner, his snoring, moving and stuff really did kept me awake and I started to have few consecutive bad nights that created a fear of not sleeping in me. I feel quite bad after a bad night's sleep, my body gets sore, my head hurts, I feel very lack of energy and so on, but what bothers me the most is that I know how bad it is for a human to not get his sleep right and I start to worry about all the consequences of it and so when I go to bad I feel pressure to sleep which keeps me from sleeping. Needles to say I'm getting a vicious cycle, because lack of sleep increases anxiety and anxiety prevents me from sleeping properly, so even when I feel positive and fall asleep, I then wake up two or three times and have a hard time going back to sleep.

Sometimes I have a few good nights of sleep, and that starts to be encouraging but just one bad night can trigger weeks of insomnia.

Do any of you have gone/ are going trough something similar? How are you coping?

Thank you!
Micas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, katielady

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks