View Single Post
Kraut

Member Since May 2017
Trig Feb 14, 2020 at 10:07 AM

My psychiatrists have been pressuring me to try Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for several years now. Every time they bring it up, I refuse to try it.

I've seen the YouTube videos of people having this procedure done. It scrambles your brain. You speak gibberish.

My brain is screwed up enough. I don't need any help in that department.

I'm posting this today because I have just read the following article about TMS.

Quote:
When Johnathan Surmont checked himself into the San Diego VA psych ward in the summer of 2017, the tall, clean-cut veteran removed his sandals and absolved the medical staff of all sin.

He was God’s second son, he announced, and he couldn’t wait for karaoke night.

Surmont’s psychotic episode continued after his release from the VA, and it took the 45-year-old former Navy SEAL on a weeks-long breaking, entering and vandalizing tour from San Diego to Los Angeles. During that trip, he went far off the grid: ditching his phone, forgetting his own name and believing he was part of a covert military operation where all things in his path — coins, car maneuvers, airplanes, even arresting officers — cued him toward his next steps.

As a Navy SEAL, he was a highly trained military weapon capable of harming a large number of people, so family and friends breathed easier when the father of three resurfaced weeks later as an inmate at an L.A. County jail, calling himself John Francis Kennedy.

Surmont struggled with post-traumatic stress after tours in the Middle East and Asia. A car accident in 2013 worsened and compounded that condition by adding to it a traumatic brain injury. But more than 100 medical checkups and psychological evaluations showed he had no history of psychosis, mania, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or hallucinations leading up to the onset of his symptoms in early 2017.

VA doctors were stumped when his psychosis fizzled following his incarceration, never to reappear. They noted in Surmont’s medical record that determining the cause was unimportant — an “academic exercise.” But the doctors had a hunch. So did Surmont. So did his family and friends. So did his psychologist and his psychotherapist girlfriend.

It involved Dr. Kevin Murphy, an oncologist and vice chairman in the school of medicine at the University of California San Diego. Medical records show it was Murphy who supervised at least 234 treatments of an unproven type of electromagnetic therapy to Surmont’s brain in the years leading up to the psychotic break . . .
Read the rest of this very long article here.

"Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods . . . " - Einstein

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth."
Kraut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Travelinglady, WastingAsparagus