Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,876 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddykitty View Post
I've been reading this thread because I still wonder whether or not my diagnosis was wrong (dependant personality disorder and not borderline). However, like you, I too have felt like it was only with certain relationships that I've been crazy. The ironic thing (or sad thing?) is that I'm not so mentally crazy with my husband. It makes me wonder if I chose him because I felt calm with him as opposed to the crazy attraction I've had to men in the past (and well, frankly a few in recent past)...I'm wondering if this is why i chose to marry him, because I have bpd??? Like I mean, i took a leap of faith with him and yes, he did make me feel good, but i never had those sick to your stomach butterflies you know?? Which actually gives me new problems though because when we fight or rather when he lectures me, I get really upset and I lose passion for him, which, you know causes other problems. Sigh!
Similar for me. The ones who gave me butterflies were emotionally unavailable. Have you heard of limerence? I wanted what I could not get.

I also felt calm and safe with my husband, and married him feeling good about us, but not crazy butterflies...which meant fear.

Hugs from:
Michael2Wolves