Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 03:24 PM

hey @Affliction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affliction View Post
Hello miss sarasweets, I've had to detox on my own because I'm the only income in our house.
Does your job have anything for sick leave or short term disability. Many insurances will cover rehab and they do not need to disclose to your job what the leave is for.

Quote:
It's almost been 1 week and tonight was the worst.
I understand your predicament and I have to say with no disrespect meant detoxing at home is one of the most dangerous things you can do. Alcohol withdrawl is deadly. Its not like heroin or meth where you will feel like crap but live. It can kill you. I detoxed at home and the only thing I believe saved my life was that I happened to be on antiseizure medicine. I was drinking so heavily but you dont have to be a heavy drinker to have a horrible detox. Amy Winehouse died from alcohol withdrawl. Its the only withdrawl that can kill you. It can cause heart palps/possible cardiac issues, seizures, and all the other horrible symptoms you mentioned. I always tell the alcoholics I work with that if they cant do rehab they at least need medical detox. Its only five days but they give you medication that not only saves you but makes the symptoms more mangeable.
Im curious- why NA? Was it because there were no aa meetings that night?
Quote:
I told the room what I was going through and it took everything I could to talk without sounding like i was sitting on a paint mixer going full throttle. I went to NA after. Today has been as about as I've felt since starting detox. I went from freezing to hot, really bad shakes to exhaustion.
I would never put her or anyone I love in a situation where it would draw them back in to that situation. Even if it meant I had to stay somewhere else to clean up. I know...I grew up in an alcoholic household and watched my mom deal with my dad. I've been on the receiving end of an alcoholic on a bad day. However ...in my arrogance to not be that I learned (taken from an old game I played) that the longer you spend fighting an evil...the easier it becomes to fall to the very thing you hate and become it. Thank you again for taking the time to help and answer me. The next two days will be the real breaker for me as I'm going to try and stop. My condition as is I cannot go cold turkey...and I found out just a little of the way today/tonight. Thank you again very much. Everyone[/QUOTE]
Please go to detox. Do not do this alone.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote