Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Tivruski View Post
So hi, I was diagnosed with MDD two years and a half ago and since then almost every therapist I've gone to has said something among the lines of: "Schizoid-avoidant personality" but none of them has formerly diagnosed me with anything other than depression.
However, I've since read a lot about it and I'm pretty sure I have AvPD but I'm not sure if having a formal diagnosis would be any help, what are your thoughts on it?

Also, I have a similar problem with Asperger's/Autism spectrum, this is not the proper board for this but may as well say it
I suppose there may be a point, as if you are accurately diagnosed with a ''personality'' issue cluster C for example you can ''adapt'' your life to it. There is therapy that can help but people tend to be ''resistent'' to therapy (I was apparently but also the t was not experienced or even kind..) If you do get ''diagnosed'' and some smart *** ''Expert'' says something like ''there is very little we can do'' then they are actually saying they are not competent to offer any assistance or even support and it is not a reflection on you.

Thanks for this!
ThatMakesSense