Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
6,355 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2020 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrad123 View Post
Wow. Your story sounds incredibly difficult. I can’t even imagine. I never perceived my moves as trauma but my T has. In my experience, the positives are that I am able to easily adapt and am fluent in 3 languages. I got to experience different cultures which I think is mostly good. On the down side, I did not have consistency or stability with long term relationships and had no one to model that.
I think I went to 10 different schools before high school. Most of these were cross-country moves, but one was just a school change without a move and one was an inter-city move. Thankfully, I only went to one high school. As an introvert, I found these changes really difficult. I think my therapist thinks of these as traumatic and has commented several times about how unstable it was. And although there were positives, like you pointed out, I also agree that to some extent it was traumatic for me. I would definitely say that some of my current issues are directly attributable to not having any long-term relationships when I was a child. My parents often chose to live in a rural setting where there weren't other kids next door or down the street, which didn't help much either. I was a lonely kid.
NP_Complete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MrsA

Thanks for this!
Lrad123