Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
The first 5 years of my life were, very fortunately, in the normal range. I was even joyful sometimes.

Because of certain circumstances life changed dramatically when I was 6 years old. That was the first change, and it was enormous.

My mother was severely mentally ill; I began taking care of her when I was 6. Nobody else took responsibility for her care. There was the range of every type of abuse when I was growing up.

Anyway, without reporting on my entire life story (I'm 57), I'll say that I've experienced 10 major life changes (and I'll say I'm proud of myself for coming through those changes and reinventing myself).

The most recent outstanding life change was 5 years ago. I was renting a little house and was the victim of a home invasion. The terror of that experience is ineffable. Thank the universe that I was not physically hurt. The following day I was able to safely remove myself and my pets out of the house. I had to leave all of my material belongings behind. The trauma of that was significant.

I left that phase of my life, moved myself and my precious pets to a new town, and I'm still having to rebuild my life.

Funny thing how we can survive, even if we lose all of our material possessions. This winter I've been re-creating my earring collection. I will never have the collection I had prior to the home invasion...some of my earrings were keepsakes from high school, for example. But bit by bit, therapy and my determination are helping me to recreate and rise above.

So I'll go with about 10 times. There were no shortages of opportunities to rise from the ashes and become the Phoenix. Although I'm pretty exhausted by now.
Sorry to hear about horrible home invasion. I am so glad you weren’t harmed. I can relate as my house was like literally emptied within like an hour frame. Thanks G-d I and my daughter weren’t home.

The only precious things that survived was a ring and a broche that were my late grandmothers. And I never ever wore them let alone together. It was really for a reason that I wore them that day to work. Since then I’ve been wearing them to important events like job interviews and I literally never didn’t get a job I interviewed for. I believe grandmothers jewelry plays a role

Oh yeah it’s amazing how material possessions turn out not to even be that important in a long scheme of things.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, MrsA

Thanks for this!
*Beth*