View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Feb 16, 2020 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
For the past 2 weeks I’ve been eating anywhere from 800 to 1280 calories a day and my weight won’t budge even 2 oz. it’s basically even the same in the afternoon and at night when your supposed to weigh more. It’s very very strange.
1. Scale, most digital scales won't budge until it is sure you lost significant weight. It just gives you the same result.

2. Batteries in the scale.. sometimes for me it makes a difference.

3. If you actually look into it the calories we think we eat is not correct. There are three things that can make the calories you get different than what they tell you.

a. Make up of the food. If the food has parts of it that are difficult to eat, such as resistant starch, we don't digest them. An example of this are nuts. Nuts say that they are 170 calories for 15 or so... but it has been proven that since we can't digest them fully, we only get about 120 cals.

b. Heat processing. Do you know it is suspected that fire is the reason that humans grew to the dominate species on the planet. Heat unlocks more calories in the food to be available to us.

c. Bacterial make up of your gut. Certain bacteria in you gut has been proven to extract more energy out of food than other bacteria. So you eat a 200 calorie meal, your thin buddy extracts 150 cals out of the food, you extract 240.

4. the scale itself is not a good maker of fat loss. When you lose fat, your body replaces that fat with water in the cell for a while. If you don't replace the fat, it lets the water out and you go down in weight.

5. As I mentioned it is entirely possible that as a species out calorie needs are much less than what we have been told. My mother died of stomach cancer at 83. But the weird thing is we never knew she was sick because she had been not eating and throwing up for months buts he didn't lose weight. In fact after a few weeks on a feeding tube... she hadn't lost any weight.

6. Consider the hormonal theory of weight loss. There are some doctors that say that calories are useless... that the real key to weight loss is hormonal. When you eat you release insulin, insulin is a fat storage hormone... so if you eat less period or eat less that will release insulin, you will store less fat. It is well known that both Keto, carnivore, and fasting result in weight loss for those who previously had trouble with it. Currently the only thing for me that *for sure* results in weight loss, is a 36 hour water fast.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote