Thread: Daddy issues
View Single Post
Be Still

Member Since Dec 2019
145 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2020 at 09:29 AM

It’s exciting that you’re on a self-discovery journey. It takes a lot of guts because a lot of nasty stuff found in yourself and in others gets pulled up. I’m wondering if you have forgiven your dad about how he mistreated you when you were younger? Also what conclusion have you come to in regards to his temper that you experienced as a child? Is it something that still makes you teary eyed or bitter when you think about it?

I’m asking because as much as our adult self is able to understand that our parents were also dealing with a lot of trauma when they raised us (I have both parents who were absent minded raising us)...usually our inner child still needs to make peace with this injustice. The inner child was scorned and true forgiveness (not counting any of his wrongdoings against him) will bring true healing.

He may be a different man now, or maybe he isn’t far off from who he used to be. Either way, it looks like his intentions are to rebuild a relationship with you. This of course will be frustrating for you if you are still holding his charge sheet against him. It takes just a little bit of patience, and trust that even if he hurts you again, you are now the strong, brave, loving adult who will never allow his destructive behaviour to harm you now.
Be Still is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3