View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2020 at 10:01 AM

So I’ve had two rotator cuff type surgeries within 10 months. I had the right rotator cuff done in April of 2019 and then I had the left shoulder worked on in September. They thought I’d torn the left cuff but when he went in he said he didn’t see a tear but saw all sorts of debris, bursitis and arthritis so he cleaned it out. Healing from that surgery was a breeze. In the beginning of January I went to grab frozen sweet potato’s from a high box in an Aldi. It turns out the box was jam packed and one solid frozen block of potato packages. I yanked one and it didn’t budge and I felt a pain go right to the core. I happened to go see my surgeon for a cortisone injection for my hand and mentioned it but it wasn’t excruciating. He didn’t see anything that seemed like I F’d it up and told me that I was still technically healing.

The pain started to get worse. It’s spread from the outside of the shoulder where the cuff is into my shoulder blade. If I rest my arm on an armrest sometimes I get weird muscle spasms that twitch around the bicep/pec and the back of the shoulder. I can’t put any pressure on it. I’ve had horrible time sleeping. I prop myself on pillows, in the recliner, all sorts of ways. My arm is weak. It throbs all the time and by the end of the day it’s almost unbearable. I called 10 days ago and they have me scheduled for Thursday to see him. I’m maxed out on Tylenol. I can’t take NSAIDs but I’ve been taking naproxen here and there anyway. It barely does anything. My mom suggested I call tomorrow and try and get a message to him and request a script for an MRI in order to be ahead of the game so when I see him it’s one less thing I need to do but I don’t know if the office will take kindly to me telling them what I need to do.

Something is not right. I asked my husband to try and lightly rub the shoulder blade area last night but I couldn’t stand the pain. He said it felt like stuff was “shifting “ all over the place. His words were “nothing felt stable or in place”. Has anyone gone through this or have any thoughts? Is it possible that I didn’t have a tear before but now I do? Is there any other sort of injury that makes sense? I do not believe it’s frozen shoulder based on what I read. Please share any and all experiences you’ve had with shoulder pain, injury, surgery and how you coped. All ideas welcome. I hope you all can help me shed some light on what I’m dealing with.
Thanks.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, downandlonely, unaluna