View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2020 at 04:45 PM

Sorry for your situation and I don't have any suggestions or advice to give you. However, I feel like this thread is right up my alley right now.

I have a medical concern for myself right now. I have some appointments within a couple of weeks for tests to see what is going on. I had prostate cancer surgery five years ago. Since after the surgery from back then and up to right now, there seems to be some trace of cancer(?) possibly. So that's why I'm going for these tests coming up.

At where I reside I only have just one friend. He's very old and has limits. I have acquaintances at work but I don't know if they could be of any help if I'm in the position that I can't help myself.

After I had the surgery five years ago, some people at the church I was going to volunteered food for me. That was nice but disappointing since the quality of the food was not healthy, it seemed. Plus no one at that church ever checked up on me to see how I was doing. My friend, at that time, had gone to Europe for three weeks just as I got home from the hospital.

Now the big issue is that I have a sister who lives 3000 miles from me. She told me I could move in with her. That's a good idea on paper, but I prefer not to do that. Her house is very chaotic and there's just too much going on that would be overwhelming for me, especially if I'm not well. It's a long story. I could reiterate if anyone wants me to.

I think that Emily had a very good idea on this.
will19 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, possum220, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady