View Single Post
feb2020user
Account Suspended

Member Since Feb 2020
5 hugs
given
Default Feb 18, 2020 at 03:43 PM

I have Antisocial Personality Disorder with heavy psychopathic traits, so whether what I experience counts as dissociation seems to depend on who you talk to. It's not my diagnosis, though.

Nonetheless, for the sake of comparison, I also feed stray animals. I give a lot of money to homeless people, and I donate to charities. I love animals, and tend to have a very calming effect on them. Most people who know me in person consider me friendly and nice. I've been told that I'm the kind of person you would want your daughter to date.

I'm also an under-handed scumbag and a sadist. I lie pathologically, and I'm incredibly self-centered. I've harshly abused friends, significant others, and pets. Most people who get close to me have told me that I'm sick, or that there's something seriously wrong with me. Oddly enough, only one of them has ever actually called me a sociopath, but I've been called a manipulative and predatory control freak.

Neither one of these is more me than the other. They're just two sides of the same coin. I don't consider myself a nice or a mean person. When I'm nice and benevolent, I'm not faking it any more than when I'm mean and malevolent.

Now, in your case, kids are often really cruel. Despite my diagnosis, I have been told by my psychologist that (s)he hates when they diagnose kids with Conduct Disorder, because most kids are just being kids and they grow out of their troubling behavior. So if this is something you did when you were young, or even a teenager, it's possible that it's not that out of the ordinary.
feb2020user is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rive1976