Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2020 at 03:55 AM

Hey @kitkat620 I am a little confused: Above in another post, you said this:
Quote:

i have thought of reporting her for the drugs, but domestic violence? there is no evidence of that. and i've come to the conclusion that by me doing that would only make things worse for both my son and me. and as long as my granddaughter is being taken care of and fed and more importantly not abused in any way i'm willing to be the outsider keeping tabs.
But in this post you are saying this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat620 View Post
i have started keeping my own documentation of questionable actions by her. she has hit my son in the past, and i do have photos of that, but if it's happening recently, he's keeping it from me.
Do you mean that only recently she has hit him? Because hitting him in the face is DV and doing that in the home of the child is an abusive environment for the child even if the child isnt being physically abused right now. Many cases of DV spill over into abuse of the child, even if its emotional abuse. I think its a great idea you are keeping track of it.
Quote:
i have reached the point where i am so sick and tired of worrying all the time over something i feel is out of my hands. right now they are back in the "honeymoon" stage, which i know all too well, and i feel this is deepening into an ongoing lifestyle, which can last forever. i try to reason with him, but it seems to fall on mute ears.
I get this. Its very frustrating. Its one of those things that makes you want to shake him right? Many times partners that are abused are afraid to leave because of what the abuser will do to them or their child. When a woman is being abused by her boyfriend they go to a DV shelter. I dont know what a man should do and to be frank I feel its biased for society to think that a man cant be abused to the point where they are afraid to leave.
Quote:
right now, except for my granddaughter, i am trying to distance myself from their problems. he is going to have to handle this on his own, unless he reaches out to me for help, i'm keeping a close distance.
Very good points.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote