View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
Default Feb 19, 2020 at 08:36 AM

I've always wondered, in general, what causes some people who claim to be great friends with you or someone else, to suddenly, without warning, stop talking to you one day. It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to other people. In some cases, the reason is clear. Usually due to a conflict between two people. But in other cases, it's not clear since everything appeared to be fine and there was no conflict.

Have you experienced this before? For those who just simply stop talking to someone, especially someone who they consider a friend, I feel like it can be rude since they're just ghosting someone out without a good explanation, almost as if the one doing the ghosting never saw the other person as a friend in the first place. It can cause the recipient of the ghosting to feel burned and less willing to trust people, I know that is the case with me. I'll be honest, I've come to that conclusion towards others who do that.

Not just towards people who ghosted me out one day, but people I knew who did it to someone else, if there appeared to be no reason and there was definitely no conflict, then I assume that they most likely didn't see me or someone else as a friend in the first place. Either they just saw someone as a back up friend, or there was never a true friendship and the whole thing is a misunderstanding. Do you have any clues as to why some people do this? I understand people can stop being friends with whoever they want, but I feel like just shutting them out randomly one day is a bit harsh unless they actually did something to you.

As I mentioned, I have a harder time trusting people and expect people to do it to me since I've had this happen, and I know other people who have trust issues too due to this kind of behavior. They may even expect others to do it to them. I know for one person, I had to promise them and even prove to them that I wouldn't be one of those people who decides to randomly ghost them out. I never do that stuff to others but I completely understand why some people would be wary and assume anyone who they are friends with, even best friends, may just wake up one day and decide not to talk to them. I'm wary of other people too and expect people to do it as well. I don't feel offended when someone wonders if I would do that, since I have been on the receiving end of ghosting and completely understand their wariness.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Be Still, bpcyclist, giddykitty