Legendary

Christina86 I'm BACK!! :D

15 yr Member
2,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Hello everyone!

This is a small request from me and the other moderators to please look at the content of any posts you make, and try to find the best “fit” for your post rather than posting in General. While some posts may not fit in a specific forum, we have a wide variety of forums so *hopefully* you can find the best place to get the support for whatever your post is concerning (since some members may be better able to support you than some others simply based on life experience).

While it is tempting to post in General to get a quick response, this results in far more posts in General that could be better placed elsewhere. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t feel free to post in General, but that you take a quick glance at the forum and try to find the most relevant section to post in. General is a forum for broad topics that encompass issues that don’t easily fit elsewhere.

With the amount of posts that occur on a daily basis in General, many posts are pushed off the first page, and may not get needed responses or viewing by the PC community members (all of us!) That means that many people may feel left out. One of the benefits of posting in a forum (besides General) is that your post stays more visible for a longer time and that means you’re more likely to get responses and have a better discussion.

Another issue with the amount of posts placed in General is that many members specifically avoid the forum because it moves too quickly and gets confusing with all of the posts. This means that many people miss out on important notices by moderators and other members.

If you are unsure of the best forum to post in, you can PM any of the moderators or admin, and we will try our best to direct you to the forum that best suits your needs or the subject of your post. If you really aren’t sure of the best forum and there isn’t a moderator online, please feel free to post in General and one of the moderators will move the post when we notice it (to the best suited forum).

This post is not directed at anyone specifically, but is just a reminder for all of us (since I have been prone to posting in General when it could have fit better elsewhere too!)

Thanks everyone, for your support of one another and for your understanding!

Christina

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Anonymous29311, Lilly2, sma1, Wild Coyote