View Single Post
Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Feb 19, 2020 at 03:58 PM

Your tiredness, lethargy and general feelings of constantly needing rest could be attributed to having an under-active thyroid gland. If your doctor diagnoses hypothyroidism, then he will get your thyroid hormone levels back on track, though he may first refer you to an an endocrinologist. An endocrinologist can diagnose your hormone levels and make a decision on how to treat you. It sounds anxiety-making, but I assure you it's not.

I urge you to see your doctor and ask for some blood tests, also bring a sample of your urine taken first thing after waking. The reason for this is for your doctor to determine whether you may have diabetes. A blood test can also determine a vitamin D deficiency. It's astonishing what blood tests can determine anyway, but try not to worry when a phlebotomist nurse takes your blood samples. She'll say it's just a "little scratch" when the needle goes in, and then the nurse can take multiple samples just from the one.

Another request is your asking to have electrocardiography known as an ECG/EKG. This is carried out on an electrocardiogram. It's a machine that measures your heart's electrical activity. They will attach sensors to your body from which multi-coloured wires are plugged into a machine. It's totally painless and you won't feel a thing, not even a slight tingle. These can be taken either when you're lying down or sitting up.

Lastly, have no fear of doctors. They regularly see lots and lots of patients throughout their working day. A doctor will be patient with you, and be first to put you at ease when these tests are taken.

I hope you feel better soon and will be thinking of you.

Best wishes

Rosie

Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, plynstrom266